10/28/2009

"Have yourself a merry little christmas"

The only thing that makes me truly happy is christmas music.
It is sad and naive but true. The old classic melodies, I just can't get enough. It gives me such a grand sensation of security and happiness, much like when I was little, christmas truly was the happiest time of the year. Not that the other days of the years was so bad, but at christmas it was like we had a silent agreement that everyone were to behave and be jolly, and we were! I can only remember one christmas so far that we didn't gather around the table, stuffing our faces with nothing but smiles. To me, as a child, this was a miracle. For a day we didn't pretend nothing, we were and we were happy.

Christmas will never be the same again, and as so many other things once lost cannot be reclaimed. It makes me sad, and I listen now to the songs of old and remember and smile with melancholy. Had it not been for that melancholy I could have, to an inch, replicated the same amount of happiness I used to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment