10/29/2009

Art imitating life imitating art imitating life imitating art

Oversize is the best thing that happened to the fashion industry since shoulderpads went off the market. If done correctly it can truly be a "one size fits all" - because it isn't anyone's size! I find fashion, interior design, or any kind of visual art that depends on trends to be fascinating. Not because I follow them slavelike, but because everyone else does. It is amazing how the world of media can glorify anything how stupid or grand, and we will love it if we're supposed to.

The human mind does not only play tricks on us, it is also very easy to trick.

I could have chosen a number of different career paths but instead I chose none. I am very interested in a lot of things, different areas of knowledge, and I have this strange belief that I could be good at anything if I just want to. But unlike R.Kelly I don't believe I can fly. Even my huge ego has boundaries within a reasonable frame, based on the laws of physics etc... Although a certain book tells me that I could walk on water, was my beliefs strong enough. Maybe 'tis true. I wont try to find out, God need not amuse me to earn my trust.

Anyway. This has probably both been the deepest - and the shallowest of all my posts so far. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment